INSTALL THE QUMU APP FROM ZOOM MARKETPLACE
- You will need the following information to access Qumu Cloud during this process:
- QUMU CLOUD DOMAIN
- Presentation Type for this use case
- Group for Zoom event creators
- Navigate to marketplace.zoom.us and click on Qumu
- Sign-in using your Zoom credentials and click Install
- Authorize the app to access your Zoom Account.
Qumu uses the following scopes:
- Enter the Qumu Cloud Domain and click Login. You will be prompted for your username and password.
- You will receive one of two acknowledgements that the app is installed.
- If the user logged in has permission to configure the Zoom Integration, the following acknowledgement will be displayed:
- Click the link to continue to the Admin Portal, Zoom Integration configuration page.
- If the user logged in does not have permission to configure the Zoom Integration, the following acknowledgement will be displayed:
- This completes the app installation. Continue to the CONFIGURE ZOOM WORKFLOW
INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
- Failed sign-in to Zoom – Use another sign-in option, e.g., SSO
- Check the permissions required by the app by clicking the "here" link on the install page.
- Failed Qumu Login
- Check the Qumu Cloud Domain was entered correctly.
- Contact your Qumu Cloud Security Administrator regarding user configuration.
CONFIGURE QUMU CLOUD ZOOM WORKFLOW
Accessing Zoom Workflow Configuration
You will need the following information to access Qumu Cloud during this process:
- QUMU CLOUD DOMAIN
- Presentation Type for this use case
- Group for Zoom event creators
Enter the Qumu Cloud Domain in a browser address bar.
Enter the Username and Password. Upon successful login, the Content Portal will be displayed.
Navigate to the Admin Portal from the Content Portal by clicking Administration
- Click Zoom Integration in the left-hand navigation under the header Workflow. If Zoom is not included in the dynamic navigation, you are not assigned the required role. Contact your Qumu administrator or hand-off the configuration to a user assigned the appropriate role.
The Zoom Integration Administration consists of three parts:
- Compliance Workflow
- User Workflow
- Send emails on account creation
Enable Compliance Workflow
Compliance Workflow can be enabled for corporate compliance purposes. Live events are recorded and available for monitoring.
User – This is the username that will be assigned ownership for all compliance recordings. The user must be pre-defined by a Security Admin.
Presentation type – Select the presentation type that will control the compliance recordings. You may use the default Presentation Type, Quick Publish. For more information about presentation types, see the presentation type section.
Click Save to store these settings.
Enable the Compliance workflow by clicking the toggle in the upper right-hand corner of the workflow box.
Enable User Workflow
The user creating the event (meeting host) will be assigned ownership of the presentation when this workflow is enabled.
Group – Enter the group that will be assigned to the users and the video to control access. (See Adding a Group step). All meeting hosts will be assigned to this group.
Select the Presentation Type that will be used for all Zoom streamsand archives. You may use the default presentation type, Quick Publish.
Archive Only – Record a Zoom meeting and store the recording in Qumu.
Live Stream Only – Stream a Zoom meeting via Qumu's delivery system. No recording is archived.
Live Stream & Archive – Streamthe Zoom meeting via Qumu's delivery system and store a recording in the Qumu repository.
Creator's discretion – The meeting host can decide if the meeting will be streamed and recorded using the Qumu platform. This decision will be made via Zoom Chatbot.
Enable this workflow by clicking the toggle at the top right of the Enable User Workflow box. It will be blue when enabled.
Send emails to provisioned users
Zoom users associated with this Zoom account will automatically have an account created in Qumu Cloud. Enabling this workflow will result in these users receiving system email notifications automatically.
Enable this feature by toggling the button in the upper right of the box. Blue indicates it is enabled.
QUMU CLOUD CONFIGURATION
Login to Qumu Cloud Domain
Click on Administration
ADD A GROUP
A Group is a group of roles assigned to both users and presentation types to control access to creation and view. You may choose to use an existing group or create a group specifically for this use case.
Here is a video with more information about groups: https://learn.qumucloud.com/view/groups
Adding a new Group
- Select Group from the left-hand Navigation
- Enter a unique name for the group. The Description is optional.
- Select the Create Content and View Content roles.
- Click to complete the group creation process.
- Add this group to the Presentation Type that will be configured for the Zoom workflow.
ADD A PRESENTATION TYPE
A Presentation Type controls the creation workflow. You may use an existing Presentation Type (Quick Publish) or create one specific to this use case.
Watch this video to learn more about Presentation Types: https://learn.qumucloud.com/view/presentation-type
Be sure to include the group identified in the Zoom configuration in this Presentation Type.
USER – CREATE A ZOOM MEETING
The user actions are the same for both the compliance workflow and the user workflow.
- User must have a Zoom Pro Account
- Zoom users need to have "Custom Live Streaming Service" enabled for their Zoom account to utilize the User Workflow.
- Zoom users need to have “Cloud Recording” and “Automatic Recording in the cloud” enabled for their Zoom account to utilize the Compliance Workflow
- The Qumu App needs to be installed and Qumu Cloud Configuration complete.
- Log into your Zoom Pro account
- Schedule a meeting (alternatively, you can start a meeting using the New Meeting option) The presentation will automatically be created in Qumu.
If the meeting is scheduled, you can capture the link and email it to the viewers in advance of the meeting or embed the presentation in a webpage. (If you selected the New Meeting option, skip to CAPTURE A SHARABLE LINK IN ZOOM)
CAPTURE A SHARABLE LINK IN QUMU
This option is available for user workflows if the meeting is scheduled in advance.
- Information needed to access Qumu
- QUMU CLOUD DOMAIN
- Copy the QUMU CLOUD DOMAIN and paste it into a browser
- Enter the Username and Password and click Login
- Locate the presentation for your event. You may use the search box to search for the title of your event. Click the dropdown to the far right.
- Select View Links
- Copy the Player link and communicate this information to your viewers.
PROVIDE ACCESS VIA A WEBPAGE
A meeting may also be embedded into a webpage. For example, the Qumu Viewer Portal feature may be used to create a website similar to the one pictured. You may incorporate other videos, HTML and markup components.
LAUNCH THE ZOOM MEETING
- Start a previously scheduled meeting or start a New Meeting in Zoom.
- If the User Workflow recording option is left to the "creator’s discretion", open the Zoom home page and select Chat.
The meeting host can select an option for this meeting:
Archive Only – records the meeting but does not stream.
Live Stream Only – stream the meeting without recording.
Live Stream Archive – stream the meeting and record the meeting.
Return to the meeting window
CONCURRENT LIVE EVENT CONTRACTED LIMITS
Each of the Qumu product offerings has a stated number of concurrent live events. Once the limit has been reached, each additional Manage Live launch will result in the following message. The message reflects the contracted concurrent event limit and identifies the current live events by GUID, title and publisher. When an event has concluded, select Retry to open Manage Live.
Click HERE for more information regarding this enforcement and upgrading limits.
CAPTURE A SHARABLE LINK IN ZOOM
- Click the dropdown link.
- Click "Copy Streaming Link".
- Share the link with viewers via email.
Note: "Stop Live Stream" stops the streaming and recording in Qumu Cloud while "View Stream on qc-zoom.qumucloud.com" provides a preview of what the viewers are seeing.
MANAGE THE LIVE EVENT
Presenters conduct their Zoom meeting utilizing the Zoom tools to share content, manage presenters, utilize virtual backgrounds, etc. Passive participants watch via Qumu Cloud and Qumu's delivery capabilities.
When the event is completed on Zoom, the recording will automatically be published as a Video on Demand (VOD) in Qumu Cloud. The recording is available for viewing at the same URL address as the live event was viewed. (To share the link refer to the CAPTURE A SHARABLE LINK IN QUMU section.)
UNINSTALL QUMU STREAM, RECORD AND MANAGE
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage>Installed Apps or search for the Qumu app.
- Click the Qumu app
- Click Uninstall
Viewers cannot see the presenter:
- The presenter should check the video is enabled in the Zoom Meeting.
- The presenter should open the video menu and check the webcam selected
Viewers cannot hear the speaker:
- The presenter should check the microphone is not muted in the Zoom Meeting.
- If the presenter is using an external mic such as a headset, check that it is also unmuted.
- The presenter should open the microphone menu in the Zoom Meeting and check the microphone selected.
Viewers are not seeing the shared screen or not seeing what the presenter is describing:
- The presenter should check that they are sharing
- Click on the New Share link and confirm they are sharing the correct app or desktop. Select the correct app or desktop and select Share.
The event ended unexpectedly:
- Most likely the Zoom host either selected "Stop live stream" or "End the meeting for all" in Zoom. Either of these functions will stop the streaming and recording and start the automated transcoding workflow.
I did not receive an email with login credentials for Qumu Cloud:
- New users in Qumu Cloud are sent a "reset password" email. Your Qumu Cloud security administrator can check if your user account is "created and awaiting password".
- Users created via the Zoom integration will use the same email address as their Zoom account.
- Check SPAM folders or auto Deleting rules to all emails from Qumu Cloud.
- The Content Administrator should check that the Zoom configuration has the "Send emails on account creation" workflow-enabled.
I can't find my event in Qumu Cloud
There are several possibilities:
- Check that you are logged into Qumu Cloud with the same user account that created the Zoom event.
- Use the search function to search for the event. Use Advanced Search to search for multiple fields e.g., title, publisher/creator, creation date.
- Select the My Presentations link in the left-hand navigation.
- You may not have permission to access the presentation, contact your administrator.
- The Zoom User Workflow may not be enabled.
Embedded events are not displayed on the webpage:
There is a No Items message in the widget
Most likely the Widget Bot user does not have access to the presentation. The Qumu Cloud Security Admin should add a corresponding group to the Widget Bot user.
Some items are displayed, but not all the expected items:
The presentation may not match the query used to create the widget. Check the query rules in the Qumu Cloud content portal.
The missing presentation may have a restriction that prevents it from displaying. An IP or group restriction would cause this behavior.
Items not displayed in Qumu Cloud Viewer Portal:
If the viewer is not logged in, login. If the missing items are then displayed, the presentation may have a restriction requiring login, or the Viewer Portal site requires login.
What link do I share with the viewers of the event?
- You may share a link with the viewers in advance once the meeting is scheduled in Zoom. To copy the link, follow the instructions in the CAPTURE A SHARABLE LINK IN QUMU section.
- Once the event has started, copy the link from the Zoom meeting UI. Instructions are available in the CAPTURE A SHARABLE LINK IN ZOOM section.
- You may also embed the presentation on any webpage.
What permissions are required for the Qumu App?
Qumu uses the following scopes:
Can I use the Zoom virtual background feature?
Yes, in fact, the virtual background is a great way to brand your event and provide consistency for multiple presenters.
Can registration be added to the event?
Yes, registration fields can be added to the event in the Qumu interface. At a minimum email will be captured but you can configure custom metadata fields to capture desired data. Registration can be applied to both the live and recorded videos.
What are the key features of the Qumu/Zoom integration?
You get all the great features that Zoom offers plus:
- Delivery- Qumu's intelligent delivery provides the ability to reach 100Ks viewers both internally and externally with no loss of video quality and no negative effect on internal networks.
- Event Management – Marketing, presenters, and executives will appreciate Qumu's event management features.
- Video Management – Enterprise Video Content Management on the backend provides critical capabilities.
- User Experience – Qumu recognizes that successful user experiences are essential for any communication initiative.
What are the key Event Management features of Qumu Cloud?
The key Event Management features include:
- Reporting and Analytics provide valuable viewing and user experience data. This data is viewable in the graph, list, or geographic formats and numerous filters are available to focus on the most important information.
- Registration allows marketing to capture details of both live and on-demand viewers.
- Marketing campaign tracking is easily applied and available in reporting and analytics
- Corporate legal and compliance requirements are met via the disclaimer feature, while event or corporate branding may be applied using pre and post rolls.
- Automated workflow - The completed live event is automatically transcoded and published as an on-demand presentation. The on-demand URL is consistent with the Live URL making it easy for viewers to locate the recording.
- Persistent URL Presentations will automatically be included in embedded widgets in portals.
What are the key Video Management features of Qumu Cloud?
The Video Management features include:
- Security to control who has access to the content and how they can interact with it
- Automated transcoding to standard formats facilitating playback on any browser-based device.
- Speech to text transcription and captioning capability
- Metadata for tagging and organizing your videos plus search indexing including speech search.
- Video value is increased by providing easy access to related documents and links making the video part of a workflow.
- Compliance tracking workflow is easily automated.
What are the key User Experience features of Qumu Cloud?
The User Experience features include:
- Any browser-based device may be used to access the Zoom meeting.
- Videos can be embedded in any web page providing the opportunity to create a robust user experience. For example, in addition to videos, an event page may include an agenda, speaker bios, social media, resource links, and more.
- The feature-rich player complies with global accessibility requirements and guidelines.
- Multi-language captions can be helpful to reach global viewers.
- Features like Live Q&A and polls help engage users in the event, promoting a successful user experience.